ESA ON TWITTER
Promoting the Industry
ESA members proudly build, finance and operate high-performing resources and waste management infrastructure that is essential to creating a sustainable and more circular economy in the United Kingdom.
On behalf of our members, the ESA works closely with other sectors, government (at all tiers) and regulators to find solutions to the sustainability, regulatory, financial and technological challenges and opportunities affecting the resources and waste management sector.
We do this by:
- Working with Government departments to ensure policy supports innovation and a circular economy by unlocking opportunities while also protecting investment through appropriate regulation.
- By holding regular events at Westminster with the support of Members of Parliament and Peers
- Commissioning reports on key issues of relevance to the waste and resource management industry – contributing to evidence-based policy and decision-making
- Commissioning reports on key issues of relevance to the waste and resource management industry
- Offering training courses jointly with the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) to maintain a skilled and sustainable workforce
- Shaping employer-led qualifications with WAMITAB to provide individuals with fit-for-purpose skills for the work place, thereby making the industry more attractive as a career
- Partnering with CIWM, the Resource Association and WRAP to stage Resourcing the Future – a conference for leaders and senior peronnel across our sector
- Working with stakeholders to support carbon reduction across the sector’s activities in the with our Net Zero Strategy – including the publication of a EfW Heat Network Directory to promote the capabilities of our members’ EfW fleet for delivering low carbon heat to network operators.