ESA ON TWITTER
Promoting the Industry
ESA is proud to build, manage and operate sustainable, efficient and high performing infrastructure that is good for both the environment and a more circular economy.
Our members work closely with business, governments and regulators to find solutions to the challenges of our modern economy.
We work closely with other organisations both inside and outside the sector:
- With Governmental departments to ensure industry operates and innovates sustainably. These include the MRF Code of Practice, drawn up after an agreement between ESA and Defra
- By holding regular events at Westminster with the support of Members of Parliament and Peers
- Commissioning reports on key issues of relevance to the waste and resource management industry
- Offering training courses jointly with the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) to maintain a skilled and sustainable workforce
- Shaping employer-led qualifications with WAMITAB to provide individuals with fit-for-purpose skills for the work place, thereby making the industry more attractive as a career
- Partnering with CIWM, the Resource Association and WRAP to stage Resourcing the Future, the most prestigious conference in the sector’s calendar
- Offering educational facilities and site tours to interested parties to learn about the operation and impact of the facilities run by our members
ESA also plays a prominent part in FEAD, the European federation representing the private waste and resource management industry across Europe. FEAD’s members are national waste management associations covering 19 Member States, Norway and Serbia.