ESA ON TWITTER
This ESA web page provides links to published IBA guidance and related documents.
Operators are responsible for classifying correctly the IBA that they produce and IBA can be classified as either hazardous or non-hazardous depending on its properties. To encourage a consistent approach to classifying IBA, ESA developed an IBA Sampling and Testing Protocol and associated guidance which set out in detail how plants should test and analyse IBA. Although following the Protocols are voluntary, ESA has discussed them extensively with the Environment Agency to ensure that they reflect good practice.
- ESA IBA sampling protocol
- ESA IBA ‘Start up’ sampling procedure diagram
- 2011 ESA IBA dataset
- 2012 ESA IBA dataset
- An assessment of mineralogy of UK municipal waste Incinerator Bottom Ash
- Assessment of hazard classification UK IBA
- IBA sampling and testing protocol – explanatory note